Susan Murray-Wilcox - Talk with a Trainer
Susan is a certified personal trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), a graduate with honors from the National Personal Training Institute (NPTI), certified TRX instructor and is CPR and First Aid certified. Susan’s passion for fitness and health was developed later in life, which makes her uniquely qualified to work with the “average Joe” and older adults.
What do you like most about being a trainer?
Sharing my love of fitness with others! I enjoy helping adults of all ages and fitness levels find their inner athletes and become the best version of themselves. Being physically active and healthy will improve anyone’s quality of life. It’s awesome to have the potential to have that kind of impact on a client.
What are your 5 best tips/advice for your clients?
1. Find something you love to do and do it! If it’s not fun, you’ll never stick with it and what’s the point then? Being fit shouldn’t be a phase we go through, it should be positive, permanent changes we make to improve the rest of our lives.
2. CORE!!!! You know the old saying you can’t build a cathedral without a foundation? Same is true with your body. A strong core is the solid foundation you need to build a strong body.
3. Get enough sleep. You’ll be healthier, heal faster, control your weight better, be in a better mood, improve memory and have stronger immune system.
4. Nutrition is key! Eat the right food and drink enough water.
5. Find Balance. Not the BOSU/stability type of balance (although that’s good), but find life balance. Meditate, do yoga, hike -- find activities that help reduce the stress in your life and put you back in balance and touch with your body and soul.
What are your interests/hobbies?
I’ve lived near the mountains my whole life and gravitate toward them for
enjoyment – mountain biking and skiing are at the top of the list. I love spending
time with my husband, two kids and two golden retrievers.